Volunteer helping feed the animals
Volunteer preparing food
Volunteers working on a project
Volunteering at Tree of Life Wildlife Rescue center & Botanical Gardens is for the ecologically responsible tourist!
The green tourist:
- experiences the rich bio-diversity of Costa Rica
- wants to work in harmony with the environment
- minimizes impact (leaves a low “carbon foot print”)
- respects local culture
- donates his/her time (minimum 4 weeks) in working hours and receives a life-time experience in exchange
- works individually or with others
- must be 21 +
- builds environmental awareness
- is interested in local flora and fauna
- is aware of the climate in Cahuita (“tropical rain forest”)
- pays a volunteer fee of $100
- is aware that the center of the town is 3 km away (bicycles are available for rent in town, walk from town to TOL is about 35 minutes)
- experiences that working in a jungle setting involves being close to wildlife and the insect kingdom
- is making a commitment
- is aware that a basic knowledge of the English or Spanish language is necessary
- takes care of his/her own accommodation and food. There are many different options for accommodations available in Cahuita.
Basic volunteers jobs are:
- Preparing food for the animals
- Feeding the animals
- Cleaning cages
- Building and repairing enclosures
- Observing the animals
- Planting trees
- Build and clean roads
If you like more information > Please write us. Tell us why you would like to work with us, what your working experiences are and possible skills.
Let us know in which period you are interested.
We will send you more info.
Volunteers working in rain or shine
Volunteers helping clean habitats
Volunteer working in the bush